Application / Admission Timeline
|Process||Spring Semester||Fall Semester|
|Release of Admission Guide||October||April|
|Application Submission||November||April - May|
|Notification of Admission Decision||December||June|
|Registration||January - February||July|
Please find exact dates of each semester on the Admissions Office Website
1. Admission Requirements
A. Degree (Applicants must meet one of the conditions below)
(1) Master / Combined Master & Doctorate course applicants
- ① Those who have earned a Bachelor's degree.
- ② Those who are expected to earn a Bachelor's degree
(2) Doctoral course applicants
- ① Those who have earned a Master's degree.
- ② Those who are expected to earn a Master's degree
B. Nationality (Applicants must meet one of the conditions below)
- (1) Those who have foreign citizenship and who have parents that also do.
- (2) Applicants with foreign citizenship and have completed entire education courses (elementary, junior high, high school, and university) outside of Korea.
- (3) Applicants who are citizens of Korea and have completed entire education courses (elementary, junior high, high school, and university) outside of Korea.
- (4) Applicants who are new settlers from North Korea.
C. Academic Requirements
- (1) Applicants with high academic achievement from their previous universities.
- (2) Applicants who have earned TOPIK level 3 or above.
- (3) Applicants who have earned TOEFL 530, CBT 197, iBT 71, IELTS 5.5, TEPS 600 or above.
(4) Applicants who meet one of the conditions below.
- ① Applicants who are native English speakers.
- ② Applicants who have completed their secondary or higher education in English speaking countries (USA, Canada, UK, Australia, South Africa, etc).
- ③ Applicants whose major is Korean Language in foreign universities.
- ④ Applicants who have obtained a degree in Korean education courses.
- (5) Applicants who have been approved based on their language ability, by the departments that they have applied to.
Applicants must meet at least one condition from above. Students must meet at least one condition from 1, 2 or 3.
If they do not, they are also eligible if they meet conditions 4 or 5.
2. Language Requirements
SKKU requires at least one of the following language requirements (Language test scores must be valid)
1) TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) level 3 or above
2) Completed Korean course level 3 or above in SLI (Sungkyun
Language Institute) or other university affiliated language institutes in Korea
For School/Department as below:
(1) Chemical Engineering
(2) Advanced Materials Science
(3) Mechanical Engineering
Applicants for three departments must meet one of the language requirements:
1) TOEFL iBT 80 or IELTS 5.5
2) Students of a nationality that uses English as a mother tongue/official language
can submit proof of secondary or higher education completion within their home
3) Completed Korean course level 3 or above in SLI (Sungkyun Language Institute) or
other university affiliated language institutes in Korea
Office of International Student Services
90212 International Hall, Sungkyunkwan University
(03063) 25-2, Sungkyunkwan-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea