- Graduate : #61308, 3F, Life Science and Technology Building
- Undergraduate : #27212, 2F, Engineering Building II
|Address||2066, Seobu-ro, Jangan-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea (16419)|
- Graduate : +82-31-290-7840
- Undergraduate : +82-31-290-7510
- Graduate :
- Undergraduate :
The School of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Systems Engineering(The School of Civil, Architectural Engineering and Landscape Architecture at the undergraduate course) is a broad and diverse engineering discipline that deals with many aspects of improving the human living environment, e.g., drinking water treatment, constructing stable buildings and bridges, safe environmental systems, building dams for hydropower and flood control, and providing comfortable work environments.
Today our professors and researchers are working on problems that go far beyond these traditional applications with innovative approaches needed to survive in a global society. The School of Civil and Architectural Engineering involves the application of principles of physics, mathematics, thermodynamics, control, energy, mechanics and physiology to design and manufacture the built artifacts and systems. It has been one of the fundamental engineering disciplines and recently combines emerging technologies such as IT, NT and BT.
We focus on the needs of people and earth. The need for civil, architectural and environmental engineers will increase in future as society tries to solve the problems of urbanization, decaying infrastructures, global warming, need of comfortable and healthy work environments, and an increase in the human population. The civil architectural and environmental engineering job market will yield opportunities both nationally and internationally.
At undergraduate level, the School of Civil, Architectural Engineering and Landscape Architecture can be divided into 3 sub-departments; Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering and Landscape Architecture.
On the graduate course, the School of Civil, Architectural Engineering and Environmental System Engineering at SKKU can be divided into 2 sub-departments; Civil and Environmental Engineering, Architectural Engineering."
1. Civil and Environmental Engineering(CEE)
Students in College of Engineering can use the studying rooms, libraries and networks freely in Engineering building (II)
1. Structural and Geotechnical Engineering
Students who wish to enroll in the program of Structural and Geotechnical Engineering can take courses relevant to the following topics;
- 1) Analysis and Design of Concrete and Steel Structures
- 2) Construction Material Engineering
- 3) Geotechnical Engineering (Geotechnical system analysis and design, Design and analysis of Underground construction)
2. Water resources and Environmental engineering
Students who wish to enroll in the program of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering can take courses relevant to the following topics;
- 1) Water Resources Engineering (Flood, Drought, River, Dam, Water supply and Urban drainage)
- 2) Environmental Engineering (Water quality, Wastewater Treatment, Water purification, Underground water remediation, Desalination)
- 3) Marine and Harbor Engineering (Marina and ocean development)
- 4) Hydrology and Remote Sensing (Hydrometeorology, Model Assimilation, Soil Moisture, Evapotranspiration, Drought)
3. Geo-informatics and Smart Construction IT
Students who wish to enroll in the program of Geo-informatics and Smart Construction IT can take courses relevant to the following topics;
- 1) Geodetic and Geographic Information Engineering (Geodetic, Aerial image, Satellite image processing, GIS and cartography)
- 2) Structural Health Monitoring/Nondestructive Evaluation Technologies for Urban Infrastructures/Facilities
- 3) Transportation and Energy Engineering (Road, Railroad, Subway, Airport, Nuclear and green energy)
- 4) IoT/ICT Fusion Technologies for Smart City
2. Architectural Engineering(AE)
The AE department has four main programs as follows.
1. Building Structure System
Students who wish to enroll in the program of Building Structure System can take courses relevant to the following topics;
- 1) Structural System Design
- 2) Advanced Construction Material
2. Construction Engineering and Management
Students who wish to enroll in the program of Construction Engineering and Management can take courses relevant to the following topics;
- 1) Construction System
- 2) Construction Management
- 3) Digital Construction and Automation
3. Building Technology and Building Simulation
Students who wish to enroll in the program of Building Technology and Building Simulation can take courses relevant to the following topics;
- 1) Sustainable Building Design
- 2) Smart Building System
3. Landscape Architecture(LA, Undergraduate)
The Department of Landscape Architecture(undergraduate) was combined with the Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering in 2016.
The LA department has three main programs as follows.
1. Landscape Design
Students who wish to enroll in the program of Landscape Design can take courses relevant to the following topics;
- 1) Urban Landscape Design
- 2) Cultural Landscape Design
- 3) Urban Green Space Planning and Design
2. Environmental Ecology
Students who wish to enroll in the program of Environmental Ecology can take courses relevant to the following topics;
- 1) Environmental Ecology
- 2) Ecological Restoration
3. Environmental Climate
Students who wish to enroll in the program of Environmental Climate can take courses relevant to the following topics;
- 1) ITC Landscape Architecture using RS, GIS, Big Data
- 2) Urban Disaster Management considering climate change
Choosing Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU) involves more than just selecting a degree program. You are making a decision about where to spend the next few years of your life. There are many reasons why we are proud of what the School of Civil, Architectural Engineering and Landscape Architecture at SKKU can to offer you.
Our degree programs will train you to tackle the range of problems that you will encounter in your future career path. We continually monitor programs for quality and make improvements based on feedback from students and the relevant industry that would be your future employer.
Since SKKU became a member of Samsung family in 1996, the reputation of SKKU rose dramatically. According to The 2016-2017 Times Higher Education World University Rankings for engineering and technology, in partnership with Elesvier, our engineering departments ranked 51st among all the engineering departments in the world, and 4th in Korea. Other institutions such as Reuters and US News and World Report ranked us as 8th and 12th in Asia, respectively, this year.
All engineering programs at SKKU, including the School of Civil, Architectural Engineering and Landscape Architecture, are accredited by the Accreditation board for Engineering Education of Korea (ABEEK). In addition, we have various graduate programs funded by the government; (1) Water Resources, (2) Construction Engineering, and (3) Crisis, Disaster and Risk Management, are funded by the Brain Korea 21 plusproject, also known as the BK21+ project, while Convergence Engineering for Future City, Water Resources are funded by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.
As long as humans exist, Civil, Architectural and Environmental Systems Engineering will be one of the essential fields to be studied and researched. In addition, well-being is an issue for human being happiness. Comfortable living environment is constructed with careful landscape planning and artful landscape design. With its long history, we have many successful alumni, and were selected to run the specialized educational and research program for producing global construction leaders.
We hope that prospective and current students, academic and industrial colleagues, and others find our school an ideal place, capable of providing every single opportunity to strive for their future.